Dispensary hours and contact information
Telephone: 01480 862892
Fax: 01480 862893
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 08:30 – 12:30 and 14:00 – 18:00
Repeat request received before 12:30
Ready for collection
Wednesday after 2pm
Thursday after 2pm
Friday after 2pm
Monday after 2pm
Tuesday after 2pm
Dispensing and Non-Dispensing Patients
If you are a "Dispensing patient" this means that you live more than 1 mile / 1.6 km (in a straight line) from your nearest chemist and can collect your medicines from the surgery. "Non-dispensing" patients are those who live within 1 mile of their nearest chemist as the crow flies and we are unable to dispense medication except in an emergency - this means that we will issue a paper prescription for you to collect medication from a chemist or pharmacy of your choice.
Patients who find it difficult to use a pharmacy due to distance or communication problems may apply to remain on their doctor’s dispensing list. There are strict conditions therefore, if you believe the serious difficulty rule might apply to you please discuss your situation with a local pharmacy as they may be able to help by: collecting prescriptions on your behalf; and delivering the dispensed medicines to your home.
If you are a non-dispensing patient:
- You can collect your paper prescription direct from our dispensary.
- You can send us a stamped addressed envelope and we can post your prescription.
- You can nominate the pharmacy you use each time to collect your medication and we will send prescriptions to them electronically using the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS). Pharmacies who have this service include Boots St. Neots, Lt Paxton Pharmacy, Tesco St. Neots, Lloyds Chemist, Eaton Socon and the Old Swan Pharmacy in Kimbolton.
- We have a courtesy service with the Old Swan Pharmacy in Kimbolton - we send prescriptions so you can have medication dispensed there if you wish. If you would like to use this service, please mark your prescription each time you submit a repeat request.
Please state clearly where you would like your prescription sent each time you forward your repeat request.
If you are returning a used sharps box, please ensure that you firmly lock the lid before returning this to the dispensers.
We stock a selection of medication, which is for sale without a prescription. This includes popular brands for minor complaints such as pain relief, cough & cold medicines, teething gel and eye drops. Please see the display in the waiting room or ask a dispenser for details.
Stocking up your medicine cabinet
Autumn is a good time of the year to give your medicine cabinet a review, before winter comes. Below is a good basic first aid kit that all homes should have, it means you have the right things for basic first aid, and it’ll also save you a trip to the pharmacy if you’re not feeling well. Your first aid kit could include:
• small, medium and large sterile gauze dressings and sticky tape
• at least two sterile eye dressings
• triangular bandages
• disposable sterile gloves
• tweezers, scissors and safety pins
• alcohol-free cleansing wipes
• thermometer (preferably digital)
• skin rash cream, such as hydrocortisone or calendula
• antiseptic cream
• painkillers such as paracetamol , aspirin (not to be given to children under 16), or ibuprofen
• cough medicine
• antihistamine tablets
• eye wash and eye bath